Sunday 7 April 2013

Do you eat sneaky treats and hide it from your kids?

I just found myself wolfing down a packets of corn chips while hiding in the bathroom.

How pathetic (and gross, now I think about it).

After all I'm an adult in my own home so why on earth shouldn't I eat whatever I want, whenever I want.

The answer is my kids.

I want them to be healthy and they already have way too many treats and there is no reason why they should have corn chips on a Monday afternoon.

But I really can't be bothered coping with mega tantrums today, and even I acknowledge that eating chips in front of them would be a bit mean. They aren't really up to understanding the concept of 'do as I say, not as I do,' yet.

So I enjoy my corn chips in the bathroom.

Or I eat chocolate while driving the car by hiding it in the door pocket and sneaking it one delicious piece at a time.

And I refuse to feel guilty about it because their time to enjoy sneaky treats will come... my Mum used stir her brown sugar into her porridge so we would think she was eating it plain like us and now I eat corn chips in the bathroom. It's all about the circle of life, right?

And in the mean time it's for their own good!

Do you have sneaky treats or do you think it is unfair to you kids (or yourself) to eat food you won't let them have?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...